Expand Map
Sydnie L.
Sydnie L.
Rome
Mar 8th, 2013
Who is / was here: Friends / Family
Relates to: Visiting
Description:

Rome was such an experience! I went to a lot of the tourist attractions. I went to the Trevi Fountain and made a wish, which was awesome. I went to the Ancient City, which was incredible. So many ancient ruins ... I felt like I was standing on the beginning of society! I also went to the Colosseum, but we couldn't get in because it was closed. We visited Saint Peter's Basilica, which was very beautiful. Visting Vatican City was unreal. This is the first time Rome has been without a pope (beside deaths) in 500 years, and I was there during the time they were chosing the next one. That blew my mind. It will probably never happen again in my lifetime, and I was there to witness it. Because of this, we couldn't go into the Sistine Chapel, which was a shame, but I think it's a fair trade off because of the reasoning. The apartment we stayed in here was also nice, but a lot smaller than the one in La Spezia. I fell in love with gelato here. I will never feel the same about ice cream again! More incredible food, of course. I felt so strongly about my presence in Rome, and I think it was a really important experience for me. I'm so happy I got to go. Italy honestly changed my life.

There are no posts in this discussion!

Be the first to post to this discussion by clicking Create Message below!

You must be logged in to post to this discussion thread!